Info sessions are our primary method for allowing students to learn the full range of puzzling challenges and captivating opportunities in Transportation Engineering. Students from a diverse background of interests within engineering and urban planning attend these meetings, providing a productive discussion between the students and the professionals. In these info sessions, professionals allow students to balance their conceptual background acquired in the classroom with practical knowledge about the industry. In the past, we have hosted speakers
who have led discussions on transportation ballot initiatives and policy (such as Measure M in 2016), new technology that is taking the industry by storm (such as ITS and autonomous vehicles), and employment opportunities that interest students, such as internships and entry-level positions.
Past Info Sessions:
- Transportation Introduction Seminar (Pat Gibson, Gibson Consulting)
- Big Data in Transportation Planning Seminar (Tiffany Barkley, Iteris)
- Metro Orange Line Improvements (Sam Morrissey, Iteris)
- Autonomous and Connected Vehicle Seminar (Ryan Snyder, Transpo Group)
- Mott MacDonald Seminar (Amjad Hussain, Mott MacDonald)